The International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum:
An All-round Education to Develop Internationally-minded Individuals
CGK International School is an IB PYP candidate school
In April 2022, CGK was accredited by the International Baccalaureate (IB) organization as an IB PYP candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program. We are currently in the process of gaining accreditation as an IB World School.
We share a common philosophy with IB World Schools - a commitment to high-quality, rewarding, international education as a must for our students.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes, please visit IB website.
What is IB (International Baccalaureate)?
The IB has four programmes.
- PYP (Primary Years Programme): Age 3-12
- MYP (Middle Years Programme): Age 11-16
- DP (Diploma Programme): Age 16-19
- CP (Career-related Programme): Age 16-19
All of the programmes aim to develop internationally-minded individuals who will contribute to create a better and more peaceful world.
Why Implement IB at CGK?
CGK aims to provide an all-round education that includes not only English language skills but also non-cognitive skills. Our goal is to educate students so that they can use English as a tool to create their own path and with an international perspective make a positive contribution to the world.
The Spirit of inquiry, Acute cognitive ability, and Self-expression that we value at CGK are skills that children will need once they enter society, regardless of whether their language is English or Japanese. We believe that the role of education is to teach students how to acquire these global skills.
The IB provides the right guiding principles to achieve the above-mentioned education, and the ideal IB learner matches the responsible individuals that CGK aims to raise. Therefore, the main reason CGK has adopted the IB curriculum is because the IB mission aligns with the mission of CGK.